Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pumpkin face mask.


 Since halloween  is nearly here and that means loads of pumpkins left over that nobody knows what to do with ,Well I was flipping through a beauty receipe book and lo and behold  a receipe for a pumpkin face mask-problem solved and here it is.
  1. 1 medium pumpkin cored to remove the stem.
  2. 4 pineapple chunks.
  3. 1 tbsp finely ground oats.
  4. 1 finely ground almonds.
  5. 1 tsp milk.
  6. 1 tsp honey.
  7. 2 drops rose geranium essentialoil.
  8. 1 drop rose essential oil.
Slice the pumpkin chunks into 6-8 pieces and remove the skin.Place the pieces (including seeds and strings)ina microwave safe dish with about 1/4 cup of water.Microwave for 2 mins or until flesh is soft,allow to cool for a few mins.Cut the pumpkin peel from around flesh and discard it.Place the pumpkin flesh ,seeds and strings into a small food processor with the pineapple chunks  and blend for 1 min or until smooth.Add oats,almonds,milk and honey blending for a short time after each one.Add essential oils and blend again.The texture should be rich and smooth but slightly grainy from the almonds.Apply a layer to clean and toned face and neck skin,leavefor 10-15 mins,rinse with warm water and apply moisturiser.

12 comments:

Caramel Diva said...

Great idea!

potionprincess said...

Thank you.

.. said...

I've never been a fan of putting pumpkin in my mouth, now i know what to do with my left over pumpkins :D

Oh, i really don't know where to post but i have a little issue with my blogspot. I am absolutely certain that i'm following your blog, i can see a little pic of myself in the "follow" section. But in "Blogs I'm following" in my Dashboard, it wouldn't show the blogs i'm following or any updates. I hope you'd be able to help! thank you!

.. said...

oh never mind i got it :)

potionprincess said...

Glad you got that sorted-sometimes mine does that as well but then seems to sort itself out.I know Id rather put it on my face than eat it too.

Witoxicity said...

That's an interesting recipe for a mask. Thanks for sharing this! Love your blog, btw! Have a good weekend!

potionprincess said...

Thank you very much,v nice of you to say-I've got plenty more receipes to share.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! This mask sounds really yummy, if that's possible! Thanks for the recipe =)

potionprincess said...

Your welcome I'll be posting a make your own lipbalm receipe soon with a free label to print.

Ashwini said...

Oooh! How creative and clever, I'll have to try it out! Just stumbled upon your blog and love it so far!

http://clearlybeautiful.blogspot.com

potionprincess said...

Thank you so much!!1

Lisa Resnick said...

I'm personally a big fan of potionprincess blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
clipping path
clipping path service
background removal

Post a Comment

 

potionprincess Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting