Exfoliate with a baby toothbrush and some vaseline and then moisturise-apply a balm such as clinique superbalm lip treatment$13-then blot away excess.
Apply lipliner along the natural lipline and then slightly colour inward along the lip,then apply your red lipstick from the inside of the lip and then over the lipliner.To achieve better precision use a lip brush.To achieve a sharp edge to your lips,use a small amount of concealear on a concealear brush and apply along the outer edge of the lips.This will also correct any mistakes.
- Shades-Cool bluey reds are better on paler skin tones and warm orangy reds work best on olive or tanned skin.Corals can be worn by almost anyone.Blue red is more formal as worn by dita von tease where as orangy red is a little more undone and rock'n'Rolla la Gwen Stephani or Debbie Harry and goes well with tousled rock chic hair.For a perfect red that is neither too blue or too yellow and works for most skintoned and age groups try Shu Uemura's rouge unlimited RD190.
- When wearing red lips ,pare down the rest of your makeup and tone down blush.
- Stick to matte red shades if your younger as matte can be tricky to pull off.If your older opt for a satin texture.Matte is really only for a rockabilly look-e.g-Mac's ruby woo.
- The classic hollywood look-as worn by dita von tease.For this look a semi-matte formula is best.If your wary of very bright reds you can mix your red with a pinky brown for a more wearable shade.To prevent bleeding colour in with your liner then slick on your lippy, blot then reapply.Some good colours are.
- Lancome 120 color fever lasting radiance sensual lipcolour in vogue£16.
- Barry m lip paint in pillar box red£4.25.
- No 7 stay perfect lip lacquer in plumberry£9.25.
- Maybelline moisture extreme lipcolour in precious ruby£4.99.
- Apply-Make-up artists tend to use a fine brush,wetted and dipped in black eyeshadow.But you can use a kohl pencil and smudge it for a smokey look,or go for a ready make liquid liner(my personal fave).Steady your hand by resting your elbow on a table.Carefully apply the liner along the lash line in one stroke,from where the lashes begin at the inner corner to the middle of the eye.Top up your brush with more if neccessary,then continue lining from the middle to where your lashes end.You can add an upwards flick at the outer corner for an elongated cat's eye effect.Finish off with two coats of black mascara.
- Quick tip-to correct any mistake use a cotton bud dipped in eye make-up remover.
- try-Lancome liner design in noir sensuel£16.
- Clinique brush-on cream liner in true black£12
- Barry M liquid liner in black£4.50(http://www.barrym.co.uk/)
- Bourjois liner clubbing in absolute black£5.95.
- Line upper eyelid with black eyeliner-put it on thick.The line should become thicker toward the outer edge of the eye,extend the upper line out beyond the corner of the eye,to form a cats eye-like shape.Line the bottom of the eye under the eyelashes with a thin line-Lancome artliner-$28 in smoke.
- Use a neutral eyeshadow on the rest of the eye-Ombre perfecteur perfecting eye shadow base in clair.
- Apply a coat of Virtuose divine lasting curves mascara-it holds the curl for 12hrs $24.58.
- Go for a matte foundation that wont be noticed-Lancome teint idole ultra$40.If you have any blemishes cover with-Maquicompleat complete coverage concealer$22.50.
- Pencil in brows lightly with-Le crayon poudre-powder pencil for the brows$23.50.
- Line upper lip emphasing its shape create a rounded heart like shape at the top of the lipline with the pencil-you can go for a neutral liner if you wont be rocking the red lip every day-Le lipstique-lipcolouring stick with brush in sheer natural-$23 is a waterproof pencil with a blending brush on the other side.Then apply your lippy with a lipbrush-L'Absolu rouge lipstick$29.00.Then apply your gloss on the centre of your lower lip-Lancome color fever plumper in suggestive $29 and rock on.